Lunch, Food, and Drink
During lunch, parents are discouraged from bringing in outside food (such as meals or birthday treats) that is intended for a specific group of students. Outside food can inadvertently exclude students or cause a disruption.
During lunch shifts, students are expected to behave appropriately in the Commons. Students should follow these expectations:
- Be on time to lunch and choose a seat before the bell rings or sit in the student's assigned seat.
- Staff members will give permission table by table for students to walk to the lunch line.
- Only touch what you are going to purchase.
- Go through the lunch line only if you are getting food or drink.
- Return directly to the same table. Students may not walk randomly around the Commons to visit with other students.
- Get out of your seat only to throw away trash, get fork/napkins/etc.
- Dismissal from the Commons is done table by table. Exit the Commons quietly when your table is dismissed.
Food and Drink Guidelines
Specific food and/or drink items may be allowed in classrooms at the discretion of the teacher. Glass bottles are not allowed in the building. Open food or drinks are not allowed in hallways at any time. Students should not bring food or drink to classrooms for class parties.